Far East Through The Flavors/ Guest Post : Buddha Bowl, Bandra, Mumbai

LOUDFrames is proud to feature a guest post by Jaume Sanllorente, a Spanish Journalist who founded Sonrisas de Bombay (Mumbai Smiles) in 2005 to help some of the poorest and disadvantaged population residing in urban slums. Of course he is also a hearty foodie and here is a glimpse into one of his culinary adventures in Mumbai :)
 
A few days ago I was able to travel, without leaving my home, to most remote exotic Asian paths. My ticket was a multitude of flavours and smells of far Asia coming to my dining room in the form of delivery bowls. To do that, I only had to eat the amazing food from Buddha Bowl Mumbai, a new food delivery restaurant in Bandra West.

“What if we told you that we can now deliver curated enriching experiences to your doorstep?” raises its website. So I wanted to try and check it by myself. I ordered on line and the answer to that question is, for sure, beyond my expectations. The delivery service is impeccable: incredible punctuality and absolute perfection in the presentation of the dishes. The best comes when you start unveiling the packs and noticing the scents of Thailand and many other Asian countries through the culinary delicacies.

Buddha Bowl uses organic and choicest ingredients offering an array of well- balanced meals. The menu caters to the modern Indian palate, comprising a wide variety of salad bowls and curries from across Asia. the cooking is based on the two pillars of simplicity and harmony. Each of the dishes are prepared by maintaining the delicate balance of hues and flavours, such that each meal must have a balance of 5 different hues and flavours.
 
 
I started with an amazing veg buddha ramen that invited me to keep on trying the delicacies of this restaurant, one of the most amazing gastronomic discoveries I've made in the city for the last months.
 
 
I kept on trying their Asia's flavours with their over-the-top Bong Chong which includes potato wedges seasoned in spicy and tangy bong chong recipe nestled alongside farm fresh vegetables with a healthy serving of quinoa pilaf (it also includes the option of grilled chicken strips if you prefer non veg).
 
 
Then, another surprise came with the great veg Som Tam bowl, comprising of fresh raw papaya salad served with shredded chicken or paneer, tasty stir-fried wheat noodles dressed with a delicious sweet and sour sauce, sprinkled with crunchy sesame seeds. Yummy!

Once I finished I wanted to surprise me with the thai curry. I am a big fan of it and I keep on saying that I don't have a lot of options in the city that offer me a real thai curry as it should me. But after trying this one, my opinion has definitely change after having their incredible green thai curry on its perfumed jasmine rice. 
 
 
There is no difference with the ones you can eat in the best places in Thailand.
While I was enjoying it, I could imagine myself sailing again in the endless Bangkok floating markets, walking though remote paths in Chiang Mai and admiring the Koh Lipe sunsets...

Simply delicious for all senses!

It all came with a lovely desert chocolate pudding by Deliziamo (deliziamo.in), that made the meal simply perfect.
 
Now I know than when I feel like walking though Bangkok's secret street food markets or the most remote areas in Hanoi with home food, I only have to call Buddha Bowl and keep on transporting my soul to its flavours.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship, Engagement, Memories December 2015

Magical Dining Experience A La Arabian Nights At Opa Bar & Cafe, The Peninsula Grand Hotel, Mumbai

Quaker Bowl IndiBlogger Meet April 2016